Sunday, May 28, 2006

Week 9 Wrapup

Well, I went 3 for 5 in my Week 9 predictions, even calling the correct scores on two games so a big pat on the back for that.

I also predicted that the Colorado vs. Real Salt Lake game was going to be a waste of national broadcast and I was right. Shame.

--

This was not a good weekend for MLS refs. Referee Colin Tait in the Rapids-RSL match blew a litany of calls, including what should have been a straight red on Colorado's GK Bouna Coundoul for his attempted two-footed tackle that turned into Bouna landing his flying butt on Jason Kreis' leg. And then in the DCU - KC match, ref Terry Vaughn quickly lost control on the game after calling a PK in DCU's favor for a foul in which no one was actually touched then giving Alecko Eskandarian a yellow card after he was pushed into KC keeper Bo Oshioniyi and then calling off Alecko's subsequent goal off the corner kick due to another mysterious foul.

--

Speaking of Bouna Coundoul, the Colorado keeper is quickly acquiring people's Carlos Ruiz level of disdain for his time wasting play acting and dirty play. Not a good start.

--

I wish someone would have told me I could get away with wearing a pair of different colored but same brand of shoes again. I had to find this out from Clint Mathis in the COL-RSL game. Granted, the last time I did it when I was 10 years old in 1988 the colors I choose weren't neon yellow and hot pink, but I still think the one red, one black Chuck Taylor All-Stars I did lace up were pretty cool.

--

Jovan Kirovski is the most killjoy of a player to have 5 goals on the season. The goals he's scored this year have just been the most anti-climatic things that leave you with feeling of general malaise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home