Monday, June 05, 2006

Week 10 Wrapup

I only went .500 this weekend, picking 3 out of 6 correctly. Who knew the Crew was going to figure out how to beat FC Dallas at home? I would ask who knew the Red Bulls would squander their lead and settle for a draw with KC but that's not nearly as out there as the FCD-Crew match.

----
Real Salt Lake is starting to come alive and not a moment too soon for Coach John Ellinger. Instead of just barely holding on his starting to crawl his way back. The good people of SLC are finally seeing something worth coming out for which has been long over due. Jeff Cunningham picks up the brace and is now in a 4 way tie for top goal scorer in the league. Never mind that it took an average of 4 games for everyone else to catch up to a departed Brian Ching.

----
The Galaxy finally end their goal drought but not their losing ways. Baby steps I guess. Steve Sampson is quickly becoming John Ellinger's Mini-Me.

----
So of course Kansas City manages to get their 1 goal per usual. That's 8 games in a row with only 1 goal. That last time they scored in multiples was April 8th, almost two months ago. They better hope their new Dutch signing will help them find the back of the net in larger quantities.

----
For the first time ever Chivas USA have claimed two consecutive wins with their 4-1 triumph over the Colorado Rapids. And I know I've said it before (I'm starting to be the way Eric Wynalda is about Taylor Twellman) but the Goats are gonna be hella good to darn near impossible to stop once John O'Brien gets back from the World Cup (which hopefully will be sometime in July). Also, maybe it's just me, but I really, really like Paco Palencia. I'd love to have him on my soccer team any day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home