Monday, June 12, 2006

Well that sucked.


I'm sure that every soccer blog in the universe has already talked about, picked apart, and anyalized the 3-0 thrashing the US suffered today to death. There's probably been talk of drinking the bad Kool-Aid, calls for Arena's head, people drinking the sadness away with various spirits, and everything in between.

I will admit that while I quickly dismissed the idea of sticking my head into the oven after the game I did idle on the thought a beat longer than I should have.

All is not lost though! Will it be hard as hell from this point on? Yep. Can we do it? Of course. Will we? That depends on the guys wearing the uniform.

I think the thing that hurt more than losing the game is the way in which we lost it. Without heart or urgency. We suffered from a complete and utter lack of creativity, imagination, passion, commitment, pluck or any other suitable nouns and adjectives. We played this game not to lose instead of to win and I have to tell ya, that's just not our style. If we're going down we need to be going down swinging.

I'm not going to go into any sort of analysis; I'm sure everyone reading this has already read such things a lot of other places. I can empathize with those out there that are asking themselves, "I've been waiting 4 years for this?" But it's far from over. We'll regroup, take on Italy and then Ghana.

Hope is slowly returning and by the Italy game arrives will have firmly taken root again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home