Thursday, June 22, 2006

MLS Week 13 Previews

Well, I guess I wasn't gone nearly as long as I thought I was going to be. Now that the USMNT has crapped out of the World Cup, my focus can be readjusted back on MLS. We've got a full slate of 6 games this weekend and as a special treat, I'm going to start a new bonus component: the Game to Watch! (Duh-duh-duh-h-h-h!)


Chivas USA at Columbus Crew
A replay of last weekend's matchup between the two that just flip-flops the cities but not the result.
My Prediction: CUSA 3 - 1 CLB

KC Wizards at DC United
The Wizards have finally figured out how to score in multiples and DCU now is winding up with draws. Won't happen at home though.
My Prediction: DCU 2 - 1 KC

Colorado Rapids at FC Dallas
FCD doesn't like giving up results at Pizza Hut park and the Rapids are boring and average enough to not rock the boat.
My Prediction: FCD 2 - 0 COL

NE Revolution at Real Salt Lake
The Revs can't wait to get Dempsey back though who knows how long he'll stay after his WC performance. NE is also not looking as sharp as they need to be. An upset here wouldn't be shocking.
My Prediction: NE 1 - 1 RSL

Houston Dynamo at LA Galaxy
Yallop needs to start winning. His honeymoon is quickly coming to an end in La-La Land. Expect LA to pick up 3 points at the HDC.
My Prediction: LA 2 - 1 HOU

---
NY Red Bulls at Chicago Fire
RBNY is in desperate need of a win. Unfortunately they won't get it in Bridgeview. Chris Rolfe, where have you gone?
My Prediction: CHI 1 - 0 RBNY


Game to Watch
This weekend, if you're going to Tivo a game or schedule two hours to watch something live, it should be Houston at LA. I know it might sound crazy, but this game will showcase a hard fought battle between the two with opportunities going back and forth and some attacking flare that we haven't seen in a while from LA.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home