Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Week 17 Previews

I went 3 and 3 last week in the weekend games but I'd like to pat myself on the back for calling that Brian Ching would get a goal. Sure, the odds are pretty good that'll happen every game, but I foresaw the future none the less.

This week starts off tonight as we work through 7 games this week.

RBNY at Columbus
The Red Bulls have a new manager in Bruce Arena but he won't take over until Aug 12th. Until then they might get lucky once or twice but not put up much more in the win column. The Crew is looking finally cash in on all the hard work they've been putting in.
My Prediction: CLB 2 - 1 RBNY
------------------------------------

Chivas USA at Colorado
The Goats will look to get out of the evil when they travel to the Mile High City. I think they'll find the right path.
My Prediction: CUSA 2 - 0 COL
------------------------------------------------------------------

LA Galaxy at Columbus
The Crew play in the second home game this week as the take on Landon Donovan and the Galaxy. I think Columbus getting 1 of 2 wins this week isn't that bad.
My Prediction: LA 3 - 1 CLB

Kansas City at RBNY
The Red Bulls also play their 2nd game of the week but this time against a KC team that's working a losing streak. Will NY take advantage of a team when they're down or will KC find an easy team to get their confidence back against? I vote for the latter.
My Prediction: KC 1-0 RBNY

NE Revolution at Houston
The Revs also try to get out of the evil down in the hot, muggy land of Houston. Clint Dempsey comes back a game early but Brian Ching is still on fire and the Dynamo don't like losing at home.
My Prediction: HOU 3 - 2 NE

DCU at Chicago
Chicago hasn't been finding the success they need to at home so far this season and hosting the league's best team but a good stretch won't be easy. The Fire might could pull out a tie but I'm stick with the War Hawks to keep to their winning ways.
My Prediction: DCU 2-1 CHI

FCD at RSL
It was a great win for RSL last weekend and the Super Hoops barely got out of Chi-Town with the win. This is the upset of the week as Jason Kreis will get some revenge over his old team.
My Prediction: RSL 3-1 FCD


GAME OF THE WEEK

Mark it down folks and set your Tivo's, the best game this week will the the NE/Houston matchup. Lot's of action, a couple of great individual plays from Dempsey, and the flying heads of Ching and Twellman.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home